NCAA Division II News
Division I leaders call for sweeping changes to college athletics
 - NCAA Division I presidents concluded their two-day summit by calling for bold, sweeping changes to improve intercollegiate athletics.
Emmert, university presidents discuss reform
 - University presidents, meeting here Tuesday as part of an NCAA-called summit, agreed that the current fiscal model for Division I intercollegiate athletics is not sustainable and that major changes are urgently needed.
Ryan first Presidents Commission chair dies at age 81
 - John W. Ryan, former president of Indiana University and the original chair of the NCAA Presidents Commission, died Saturday in Bloomington, Ind., at age 81.
Make-A-Wish family thankful for DII efforts
 - Division II?s support of Make-A-Wish became real for an Indiana family.
Racy named an American Council on Education Fellow
 - Mike Racy, NCAA vice president for Division II, has been named an American Council on Education Fellow for academic year 2011-12.
NCAA to host summit on broadcasting issues
 - The NCAA has sent invitations to conferences and schools with which it has had communication on this topic, including the Big Ten Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Pac-12 Conference, and the University of Texas at Austin.
Scribe of the court
 - Many coaches are men of their word, but Northwest Missouri State women's basketball coach Gene Steinmeyer is a man of his words.
DII kicks off new mentoring program
 - An important initiative to develop the next generation of Division II athletics directors began in earnest this week.
Five new active members join Division II
 - Five institutions were granted active Division II membership at the summer meeting of the Division II Membership Committee.
USA Football gives former NCAA athletes an international stage
 - The USA Football Team has its opener in the International Federation of American Football World Cup today in Innsbruck, Austria.
Spring 2012 festival lands in Louisville
 - Bellarmine University and the Louisville Sports Commission to host 2012 Division II Spring National Championships Festival
Missouri Southern staff aided community in disasters wake
 - A May 22 tornado destroyed much of Joplin, Mo., but Missouri Southern State Athletics Director Jared Bruggeman said it also built something - a stronger sense of community awareness.
Officials throw a flag of support to Missouri Southern State coaches
 - Acting on behalf of the football officials of the Mid-American Intercollegiate Athletics Association, Phil Laure and others presented cash gifts to Missouri Southern State football coaches whose property was destroyed by the May 22 tornado.
No action imminent regarding Division II football finals site
 - North Alabama may be considering a move from Division II to Division I, but it?s premature to conclude what that means for the future finals site of the Division II Football Championship.
Gulf South members working through football challenges
 - North Alabama?s recent decision to formally explore a move to Division I complicates an already difficult situation, but key Gulf South Conference administrators say they are committed to finding solutions that will stabilize the conference and Division II football in the region.